I have a bad feeling... (2010-08-07)

Dear Readers,

So, yet again I get sick as soon as I get home. I have so much to tell you all, but right now all of my whinging about my friend that I went travelling with (poor Alyssa has already heard the beginnings of my ramblings on the topic) needs to be put on hold.

I have a problem.

I have been offered two jobs. And I don't know what to do.

Job 1 is the continuation of my old post, which I LOVED. I love the people, it's a short single bus ride from my new house, it has an AMAZING lunch place next door- I know that doesn't sound like much, but you have no idea how hard it is to get decent vegetarian food in england!- and most importantly, I know what I am doing there.

Job 2 is an unknown quantity- half time special schools (vomit) but THEN half time doing post cochlear implantation stuff in conjunction with Great Ormond Street.



For those of you who don't work in paeds, GOSH is basically the most famous and well respected children's hospital in the WORLD. Essentially if you have GOSH on your resume, you can get work in any other children's hospital pretty much anywhere.

Plus, hearing impairment is where I ultimately want to end up- that is why I sign in so many different languages/systems. I want to get the skills up and then take all that back to Oz, because our services outside of Melbourne are SHIT and basically non-existant.

So, no brainer you would think- EXCEPT, a couple of things have already been niggling at me. First off, it's only HALF time cool stuff and half time horror stuff. Secondly, there is no support in place, I really would be doing everything single handedly, and I'm not sure if I'm up for that. Aside from the stress, this stuff is hard and I am not really experienced in it, I really don't feel confident that I could provide an adequate service and I don't want to do a half arsed job and look incompetent.

Plus, stupid little things are making me uneasy- the secretary person is a complete biatch. The head person is NEVER contactable, this never bodes well. Logistically it is also across the other side of London, so I think it would be at least an hour to an hour and a half commute each way- plus upwards of five pounds a day in transport.

But Great Ormond Street- can I really pass that up??

I am having a meeting on Monday morning with the Job 2 people, so I think I am going to have to play hard ball and really see what is what, because I genuinely just feel that something is 'off' about the whole thing.

I think that is what it really boils down to, my instincts are just like Hell to the NO and I don't even know why, but I would rather not lock myself into this position until I know that it's all above board.

In the meantime I have to do this feeding crap in Redbridge for three weeks anyway, so if I do say no, both of them will have time to find someone else...

I'm back to the whole flipping a coin thing.



heart - break

current | archives | profile | links | rings | cast | reviews
quizzes | email | gbook | notes | host | image | design